- 3 cup All purpose flour
- 150 ml Golden Syrup
- 50 ml Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp water
- 1lbs mung bean paste / redbean paste
- 1 egg for eggwash
- Prepare a big bowl, mixed flour, syrup, oil, and water until combined. Wrap with plastic wrap for 40 minutes in room temperature.
- Take a ball of dough, flat it and fill with mung bean paste, closed it and make a ball, that size as your mooncake mold.
- Spray moon cake mold with butter spray. Put the dough under the mold, and press it and pull it slowly, the dough will shape as the mooncake pattern. If the shape not perfect, round it back and repeat the steps. Follow the steps for all the rest dough.
- Preheat oven for 325F – 350F. Put in center of oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from oven Eggwash all the dough, and bake again for 5 – 7 minutes or until its golden brown.
Note : the pastry will be crispy at the beginning, and will be softer for another days